Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I am currently utilizing a web page that I created years ago and change when I have time. I have found that parents utilize my previous webpage a lot for connections to curriculum areas and quick access to online activities to reinforce concepts we have been focusing on in the classroom. An example of that would be my math page that has links to many online math activities connected to various skills/concepts we have been working on. That type of set up is very helpful in the classrom as well because students know to go right to my webpage and gain quick access to links I would like them to focus or work on. I find that a webpage is a great tool for posting photos from the class but find that it was very frustrating using Adobe Go Live uploading photos as it took a long time. iWeb is much easier for this purpose. In the past, I have had my newsletters also posted on my webpage, which I would like to continue doing. I'm still trying to change things over to iweb from Adobe Go Live so I have a lot of work ahead of me. I am trying to balance what I would put on my web page verse what I would post via class blogs. The answer to that question is still formulating in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. It will no doubt take a little time and experience to decide what things work best on the web site and which are better on a blog. iWeb does make web pages a whole lot easier than GoLive.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.