Monday, August 3, 2009

When I first learned of iWeb, I was quite thrilled at how much easier it was to work with than Adobe GoLive. It seemed to use most of the same commands as Word. However, I took the beginning class last summer to make my webpage, and I'm just now getting back to it. So, like anything else, I've learned I need to practice and continue to use it or I will for sure "lose it." I'm excited to use my webpage as a place where parents, students, family members, community members, etc. can go to find out some basic information about our classroom, curriculum, interests, a few photos and resources for helpful websites. For some reason, having to publish the webpage each time I update it seems like a hassle. I compare that to starting a blog that I can do from any computer (Mac or Windows) anytime (late at night) anywhere (from home). I continue to struggle with the question, which way is the "best" way to communicate with my students and parents? I guess I need to think which way is best for me and what will be my purpose. No matter what I use, I'm excited for students and families to have alternate methods of getting in touch, learning information and using technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.